InCrops invites you to attend ‘Delivering sustainable business – Rio+20 and beyond’; a networking meeting to discuss the role of industry in maintaining ‘Natural Capital’. The event, featuring presentations from the United Nations Environment Programme-World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC), will take place on 12 September, 15:00 -18:00 at Wolfson Court, University of Cambridge, CB3 OHD.
In June, world leaders and stakeholders met in Rio de Janeiro for the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20), 20 years after the Rio Earth Summit that produced a series of high-level commitments to sustainable development that have shaped the biodiversity and development agendas.
The high level of business engagement at the Conference and the number of business-related commitments in the Rio+20 outcomes document serve as a reminder of the central role that business plays in delivering sustainability and in safeguarding our planet’s ‘Natural Capital’.
This FREE event is aimed at anyone interested in
- hearing more about the outcomes from Rio+20 and what they mean for business
- finding out about
- commitments announced by business at Rio+20 (i.e. the Natural Capital Declaration; the Natural Capital Leadership Compact)
- outcomes from the Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum and the Business Action for Sustainable Development Rio+20 Business Day
- the launch of new public-private partnerships for sustainable development
- discussing with other business leaders what we can do here and now, in the East of England, to grow a sustainable economy
Registration will open at 15:00, presentations and discussion will start at 15:30, and the event will close at 18:00.
To register to attend this event please email Adapt.email@example.com or call 01603 591765